Last Updated on January 15, 2019 by Admin
Which two tasks can be performed by a local DNS server? (Choose two.)
- providing IP addresses to local hosts
- allowing data transfer between two network devices
- mapping name-to-IP addresses for internal hosts
- forwarding name resolution requests between servers
- retrieving email messages
Two important functions of DNS are to (1) provide IP addresses for domain names such as www.cisco.com, and (2) forward requests that cannot be resolved to other servers in order to provide domain name to IP address translation. DHCP provides IP addressing information to local devices. A file transfer protocol such as FTP, SFTP, or TFTP provides file sharing services. IMAP or POP can be used to retrieve an email message from a server.