Last Updated on February 16, 2019 by Admin
A technician is unpacking a new PCIe video adapter from an antistatic bag to install the card in a desktop computer. Which two measures should the technician use to protect the card and other computer components? (Choose two.)
- Use a grounded mat on the workbench.
- Use a correctly connected antistatic wrist strap.
- Shield the card and computer from sources of EMI.
- Ensure that the workplace has a low humidity environment.
- Connect the computer to a UPS while installing the card.
Explanation:Using a grounded mat on the workbench and a correctly connected antistatic wrist strap while installing the card will protect it and other computer components from ESD damage. A low humidity work environment would increase the risk of ESD. The computer should be disconnected from all power sources while the technician is working on it. EMI can interfere with data signals when the computer is operating, but will not damage hardware components.